Peach Galette always looks and tastes so good. Last year I had significantly reduce carbs and sugar in my daily diet due to a pregnancy. But this year, when my baby boy is almost 1 year old, my blood work returned back with optimistic results plus peach season arrived, I think we all deserve a tasty galette to celebrate summer at its peak.
As well, I was advised, that it is also very easy to make: “just roll the dough and add the fresh fruits tossed with butter, sugar and corn starch.”
So, I rolled my sleeves and started my first time ever peach galette adventure…
PEACH GALETTE RECIPE
Makes about 4 servings
1 1/4 cup flour
1 stick (110g) cold unsalted butter, cut into small (1/2-inch) cubes, chilled up to an hour in the freezer
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
4 to 6 Tbsp ice water
2 or 3 yellow peaches
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 1/2 tsp corn starch
sugar, for garnish
1. Prepare the crust.
- Sift the flour and mix flour with salt and sugar.
- Incorporate butter to the flour, using a pastry blender, a fork or a pastry processor, until crumbs are
- Slowly add the water and stir until the water is incorporated.
- Wrap it with plastic, knead slowly to form a disc and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
3. Slice the peaches and place them in a bowl. Mix sugar with cornstarch and add over the peach slices. Add butter and toss gently to coat.
4. Using the wrap plastic at the base, roll the dough. Lift up the rolled dough and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Arrange the peach slices in overlapping circles starting one and a half inch from the edge. Fold the edges of the dough over the filling and sprinkle with sugar.
6. Bake for about 40 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool for about 15 minutes.
Enjoy your delicious peach galette!!!