If you’ve never tried making any kind of raw cheesecake, try it. The main ingredients for all raw desserts are pretty much the same – nuts, seeds. fruit, maple syrup, dates, coconut oil, cacao powder, vanilla, and cinnamon. To be honest, it took me a while to finally have all required ingredients in one place. But when all combined and served it is a real magic of taste, flavor and texture.
- 1/2 cup bisquits of your preference
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup dried dates, pitted
- 1/4 tsp. fine sea salt
- 2 tb. spoon of melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups raw cashews, soaked*
- Fat from one can of coconut cream or full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup of frozen or fresh wild blueberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (optional and I usually do not add it)
- 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1. Place the cashews in a large bowl, cover with water and let soak overnight. Or simply, soak them for 20 minutes in the boiling water.
2. Make the crust: To a food processor add walnuts or cookies and process until finely ground. Add dates, shredded coconut, salt and coconut oil. Process until sticky dough is formed. If necessary, add extra dates as they serve as a binder for the crust. Press the mixture into bottom of a pan (use bottom of a glass or spoon). Refrigerate in the freezer while making filling.
3. Make the filling: drain the soaked cashews and add to a high powered blender or food processor, then add blueberries and blend/process for 2-3 minutes. Add maple syrup (optional), lemon juice, vanilla extract and coconut cream (separated from the coconut water). Blend/process until very smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes (scrape the sides of the blender as needed). Pour the filling into the pan and spread evenly. Refrigerate overnight or until fully set. Decorate with blueberries.
• Use a full-fat coconut milk and let the coconut water separate from the cream in the can. The easiest way to do that is to pop the can of coconut milk into the refrigerator over night. That’s why I always have one can hanging in the fridge, just in case craving and mood for Raw Vegan Blueberries Cheesecake arrive.
• You can refrigerate the cake or keep in the freezer (the cake will be more stable), if you store the cake in the freezer make sure you taking out the form the freezer 20-30 minutes before serving.
• In case you have no walnuts available for the crust, no worries! Bisquits + Dates formula woks same fine!
• I prefer to lay a parchment paper at the bottom of my pan. But, in case your cake is not popping up from the pan, simply wrap it around with a hot wet towel and it will easily do!