I think these are the best buttermilk pancakes ever. If you are the one usually having issues with baking pancakes now you can relax, because with this recipe they will turn beautiful and delicious. I call it: “No Fail Pancakes”
Cozy + Smell of Pancakes – Alarm Clock = Weekend
Ingredients to serve 4:
1 cup buttermilk
1 large egg
pinch of salt
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp melted butter
1 ¼ cups all-purpose white flour
1 ½ baking powder
coconut butter or sunflower oil for greasing
- Sift the Flour, baking powder, Salt and Sugar into the bowl.
- Add Buttermilk, Egg and butter. Beat into a smooth batter.
- Let stand for 5 minutes
- Lightly grease frying pan and heat over medium heat.
- Spoon tablespoons of batter into the pan and cook until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Turn over with a spatula and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Repeat this process, using remaining batter. Keep other pancakes warm covering them with a bowl.
- Serve immediately with a variety of toppings. Such as fresh or frozen berries, sour cream, honey, mapple syrup, jam, fruits or berries compote, heavy cream.
Interesting Facts about Pancakes:
The earliest known ones were made about 12,000 years ago from ground grains and nuts, mixed with water or milk and cook on hot stones.
The first recipe appeared in an English cookbook in the fifteenth century.
Celebrity chef Aldo Zilli in 2005 year set the world record for the highest pancake toss at 329cm.
September 26th is National Pancake Day.
January 28th is National Blueberry Pancake Day.
Just about every country has its own version of the pancake.
The largest pancake ever tossed measured 15 meters in diameter.
Want to know more about Pancakes History? Here it is, shared by National Geographic.
Enjoy your Day,