I have to share this Tandoori Masala Spiced Pie Recipe! It is easy, delicious and flavorful. Canada gave me possibility to discover in depth variety of international cuisines together with their popular ingredients and spices. One of them is famous Indian Tandoori Masala. If you have no clue about what is it, then next paragraph is dedicated specifically to this amazing spice mix description.
Tandoori Masala is a mixture of spices specifically for use with a tandoor oven in traditional Indian Punjabi cooking. The specific spices vary somewhat from one region to another, but typically include turmeric, cinnamon, cumin, coriander, garlic, ginger, nutmeg, chili, cardamon, pepper, mace, sweet paprika. Tandoori chicken is one of favorites in Indian households.
Tandoori Masala Spiced Pie, I would like to share today, is not a complicated one, requires simple ingredients, but so easy to be eaten fast and till the last crumb.
Here is the list of ingredients:
500gr ground chicken
1 medium onion
1 medium potato
3 fire roasted sweet peppers (or oven baked)
2 boiled eggs
2 sheets of puff pastry
1 fresh egg yolk
1,5 tb.spoon of olive oil or any vegetable oil you prefer
1 tea spoon of Tandoori Masala Spices
Sesame seeds, Hemp seeds to sprinkle the top crust
Let’s start cooking our Tandoori Masala Spiced Pie!
- Roast and peel bell peppers. You may use already roasted, peeled and canned ones from any grocery store. I am just a bit concerned about vinegar quantity added in those. So, I definitely prefer home roasted bell peppers.
- In a large pan preheat olive oil, add chopped onion and saute it for about 3 minutes on a medium heat. Add ground chicken and mix it well. Use a stiff spatula to break the ground meat into several pieces. Continue breaking the ground meat into smaller and smaller pieces. Sprinkle with salt and add tandoori masala spices.
- Stir the beef occasionally to make sure it’s browning evenly (for about 10 minutes). Meanwhile chop uncooked potato in tiny tiny squares and add to your pan.Cut bell peppers, add them to the pan and mix well. Cook till all possible liquids from bell peppers are gone (for about 5-7minutes)
- Chop your boiled eggs and add them as soon as you see that there is no liquid left in your pie filling. Mix well to combine all ingredients and finish cooking at this stage. Your Tandoori Masala Spiced Pie filling is ready!
Let’s move to a baking part.
- Preheat your oven to 375 °F (190 C°)
- Grease your baking pan with oil, spread puff pastry sheet in it. Better if your puff pastry sheet is bigger then your pan to have extra edges to nicely wrap up all ingredients. To size the dough, place a pie pan upside down on the rolled-out dough and measure an additional 1 inch around the perimeter of the pan.
- Transfer pie filling in the pan on top of your puff pastry sheet. Cover all with second pastry sheet and seal the edges. Here you can use your creativity in full and seal it as you like and depending on a pan shape you are using. No need to be perfectionist here, because puff pastry anyway will race uneven. Main thing is to avoid the holes.
- Apply fresh egg yolk with baking brush to the top crust. It will create shiny finish when pie is baked. Sprinkle with sesame and hemp seeds.
- Place in preheated oven for 35 minutes. When ready, remove and let it cool. Transfer to a plate, decorate and enjoy it with your family and friends.
Happy Cooking and Happy Eating!
Baked Tandoori Masala Spiced Pie yourself? Share your experience and how did you like it in comments! Or simply share this recipe with your friends using easy to share social buttons available below.
Thank you for reading!