If kids grow kale, kids eat kale. If they grow tomatoes, they eat tomatoes. But when none of this is presented to them, if they’re not shown how food affects the mind and the body, they blindly eat whatever you put in front of them. ~ Ron Finley
Perfect Kale Chips Recipe is a healthy snack easy to do and delicious to eat.
Starting this year, we have our own garden with freshest herbs and salads. As a result, I try more often new recipes that contain some of them. Kale Chips is one of my favorite snacks now.
In the first place, kale is packed with anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties.
It is high in fiber and iron, and its consumption is associated with lowering cholesterol. High in Vitamins K and D, it’s also a great source of calcium.
In pus, is high in omega-3 and 6, Vitamin B6 and folic acid. Kale is packed with nutrition that and is high on the list of the world’s healthiest foods.
Obviously, Kale is a super food!
I love kale. Bake it. Sauté it. Juice it. Massage it. I Want other people to join the cult-of-kale. ~ Misha Collins
Few main points that will bring you to a perfect kale chips:
Make them from freshest kale.
Thoroughly dry the leaves before beginning.
Sprinkle your leaves with olive oil and massage each leaf to entirely cover it.
Spread Kale into one layer on a baking sheet.
Add only dry seasoning to avoid soggy kale chips.
Perfect Kale Chips Recipe Ingredients:
per baking sheet:
- approx. 1/2 bunch kale leaves
- Half tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of sesame seeds or hemp seeds.
Optional you may use chili powder, smoked paprika or cayenne pepper seasoning as well.
- Preheat oven to 300F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove leaves from the stems of the kale and tear it up into large pieces. Wash and dry the leaves until dry.
- Add kale leaves into a large bowl. Massage in the oil until all leaves are coated in oil.
- Sprinkle on the spices/seasonings and toss to combine.
- Spread out the kale onto the prepared baking sheet into a single layer (not to overcrowd the kale).
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes (extra 5 minutes depend on a kale thickness. For baby kale 20 minutes is absolutely enough)
- Cool the kale on the sheet for few minutes. Enjoy!
Leafy greens such as romaine lettuce, kale, collards, Swiss chard, and spinach are the most nutrient-dense of all foods. ~ Joel Fuhrman
Enjoy your healthy and Crispy Kale Chips!